Enlightened ramblings of a minarchist libertarian with Objectivist tendencies

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Crappy Gym Music

Last week I finally did something that I have been needing to do for a couple of years now. I got off my fat ass and joined a gym.

Many years ago, when I got out of the Navy, I was in great shape. A shattered knee and broken ankle later, I have gotten out of the habit of working out and my stomach and ass have paid dearly.

Just so everyone hears me, I am fat because I became lazy after a couple of accidents. I am not fat because of McDonald's, Wendy's, Bryers Ice Cream or any other company or product. I am a direct product of my own lack of motivation.

Fortunately, last week something clicked in my head and I realized I was slowly ensuring that I would have a very unpleasant old age and decided to do something about it.

The gym I joined is great, I have 24 hour access via a magnetic key, there is ample equipment, so I have not yet had to wait on any, and I didn't have to sit through some high pressure sales pitch just to sign up for some 3 year program that allows them to debit my account.

The problem is, they play really crappy music. Some combination of Top 40ish/Muzak crap that really gets on my nerves. I much prefer to listen to something hardcore when I work it. It gets me pumped and ready to work hard. The crap they play make me want to speed through my workout as fast as possible so as to avoid any permanent damage from prolonged exposure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->