Enlightened ramblings of a minarchist libertarian with Objectivist tendencies

Saturday, July 03, 2004

Someone Always Wants in my Pockets

It is bad enough that the thieves and scoundrels at various government agencies are constantly trying to dip into my pockets, but now the clowns at the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association are looking to get into my pants as well.

Fortunately, their proposed directory will be opt-in and large carriers such as Verizon are already opting out.

I really don't see this project being much of a success. Cell phones are one area that people still enjoy some freedom. I don't believe there will be more than a million or two of the 163 million cell phone users that will choose to opt-in. An anecdotal survey of a handful of my friends produced a unanimous "Hell NO" to the question of whether or not they would allow themselves to be listed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->