Enlightened ramblings of a minarchist libertarian with Objectivist tendencies

Friday, July 16, 2004

We're a team!

Dick Cheney announced today that he will be on the ticket come November. He indicated that Bush didn't want to "break up the team."

Of course, we are still a long way out from the convention and anything could happen between now and then. I, of course, think Bush is doing his re-election bid a disservice, but at least he seems to be holding to his principles at this point.

I pointed out earlier that I thought Bush would dump Cheney for "health" reasons. I stand by this prediction. However, if I turn out to be correct, Bush and Cheney have done themselves harm my making this proclamation.

As noted in the article, Kerry is just looking for a chance to portray Bush as a Flipflopper, so the ol' switcheroo just became much more difficult.

All political reasoning aside, I have a rather nasty bet with my brother over this issue. The prize for the loser is not pretty and something I will not look forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->